Monday, August 20, 2012

"Stagonian Wars" -- Intro & Generals

While I am pretty much sidelined with my chemotherapy treatments for the next six months, I have decided to try to run a solo mini-campaign between "The Kingdom of Stagonia" and their traditional rival, "The Principality of Saxe-Bearstein" as indicated on the latter's blog.

One of the major purposes (besides keeping me somewhat engaged with something I enjoy -- the chemo is really knocking the stuffing out of me) is to generate stories.  

I will be using a very highly stripped-down and modified version of Ross Macfarlane's "Hearts of Tin" rules (click to get latest version of Ross' rules).  But since I do want to generate stories, I will also be using his optional rules for "Non-Player Commanders" . . . and adding my own tweak to it with "protogees".

Each Imagi-Nation will have 3 generals and 6 brigadiers available during the campaign.  Who is at any particular battle will be determined via die rolls.  In addition, each of the three generals will have a "protegee" . . . again determined by die rolls . . . whom he will favor with his better troops should he be at that battle.

The actual "character" of generals and protege's will be diced for the first time they take the field . . . which will not alter the protege status (he might be a relative after all).  Below are the names of the Stagonian command officers:

Generals:
  1. General Baron Gaspar du Vile --  protegee is Flaubert
  2. Lt. Gen. George du Geste --   protogee is d'Amours
  3. Maj. Gen. Rene de Villars --   protogee is Dijon
Brigadiers:
  1. Brig. Emile Flaubert --  du Vile's  protogee
  2. Brig. Gustave Augier --  
  3. Brig. Delmar Dijon --  de Villar's  protogee
  4. Brig. Yves d'Amours --  du Geste's  protogee
  5. Brig. Henri Rostand --  
  6. Brig. Count Honore de Sardou --  
By the way, the mini-campaign will be that developed by "Dr. Vesuvius" of "The Axis of Naughtiness" blog using scenarios from Charles Steward Grant's "Programmed Wargames Scenarios".  Campaign can be found here.

More to come when I have the energy to type it.

-- Jeff


4 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Great to hear the vile Stagonians are on the march-hurrah!

tradgardmastare said...

Great to hear the vile Stagonians are on the march-hurrah!

Fitz-Badger said...

Looks like a good start. I feel like I should be saying "boo, hiss..."

freecloud said...

I'm shocked that the well known mercenary commander Marquis de Sadiste isn't there...I wonder who he is currently employed by